Site Search:

Study Visas

If you will be studying in New Zealand for more than 12 weeks, you need to apply for a Student Visa.

Information on Student Visas and eligibility can be found on the New Zealand Immigration Service website.

Working While You Study

Some courses (usually longer full-time tertiary study) allow you to work part-time in New Zealand (during your school holidays). For information on working whilst studying, visit the New Zealand Immigration Service website.

There are many ways to find part-time work in New Zealand. You can search school notice boards for employment advertisements, or check the “Situations Vacant” part of your local newspaper. Student Job Search is also a useful service – specialising in finding part-time/temporary work for tertiary students. They are located on campus.

The usual student wage is between $8 and $15 per hour.

Scholarships and Awards

A number of scholarships and financial-aid awards are offered to international students.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) NZAid programme offers scholarships to students from developing countries.

Individual universities also offer scholarships to international students. Contact their scholarships office for further information.

• The University of Auckland
• Auckland University of Technology
• The University of Waikato
• Massey University
• Victoria University of Wellington
• The University of Canterbury
• Lincoln University
• Otago University

Reviews / Comments for Study Visas

No reviews have been written write a review now.

Developed by Wetstone Technologies